cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore issue

mubarack_s
Level 6

Hi,

In my restore diabox I am unable to see the restore file with temporary file name. And in the different location restore tab can u suggest me how to enter the values for unix servers.

8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"This option is valid only when the machine where the restore is performed requests the restore."

So by that token you would have to request the restore from your UNIX client.

But having just had a look at the Java BAR console this particular option is not available!

Can you clarify the other issue? You have highlighted two sections but not sure what your issue is about restore locations? (Altho' that little "help" button may also assist here too! wink)

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

I know we could in version 5.x, but when we upgrade to 6.x I no longer had that option.

Help says:

Restore the file using a temporary filename
NetBackup can restore a file and give it a temporary filename. NetBackup restores the item to filenamexxxxxx.TMP. (Where filename is the name of the file being restored and xxxxxx is generated based on the current date and time). This option is valid only when the machine where the restore is performed requests the restore.

But I do not allow clients to do restores - so I no longer have this option open to me.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Did you manage to workaround your issues?

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi Andy,

I can restore to the same directory.But while I am tring to restore the backup to the different location its ending with the status code 5. Am I need to have connectivity to client machince from my local PC(where I have installed Netbackup remote adinistration console)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
saying that the restore failed (as if we need telling eh!)

Can you confirm that the directory that you are trying to restore to actually exists and that you have specified it correctly in which ever box you've selected (watch out for the direction of  \ & not / as 'normal')?

e.g. here I am restoring a file from /app/....... to /tmp (essentially new location but stripping out the path - if I wanted this to a sub-directory within /tmp I would have to ensure that the sub-directory actually existed before restoring as NB wouldn't create it in this instance)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

restoring & where to (i.e. source & target paths) - we might be able to tell you exactly what you need to put in which box.

Also if source & target servers are not the same are they the same OS?

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

I am planning to restore a file from var directrory to tmp directory.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

e.g. tmp:\alert.black.gif

or, following the same route/logic, you could even restore to the same place but rename the file

e.g. var:\apache\icons\restored_alert.black.gif

"The possibilities are endless"