Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharepoint single file restore

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

Hello,

i'm having problems restoring an *.xls file from a GRT enabled backup:

1. restoring to Sharepoint farm completes successfully but the file is not restored even if i select to overwrite the old one(which has been renamed anyway)

2. restoring to a share by selecting Sharepoint Redirection, Redirect to path restores the file but with a 0 byte size.(restore job completes ok)

tried from different backups(all successfull) but same result.

any thoughts?

thanks,

florin

Netbackup 7.5.0.1 on win2008 R2 standard

Sharepoint2010 on win2008 r2 enterprise

6 REPLIES 6

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

NetBackup version and OS ???

SharePoint version and OS ???

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

i've added it above. thanks for pointing it out

Muralikrishna
Level 2

HI

How to rectify the problem. Give me the explation.

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

worked with Symantec support on this issue...

turns out i can restore any other file successfully but not this one which is being restored with a 0 byte size.

just my luck the customer needs that specific file :(

conclusion was that it's not a problem of Netbackup but of Sharepoint... sharepoint admin doesn't find any problems... so i'm stuck .

watsons
Level 6

If I understand correctly, you did not use GRT-based (document level) backup for the policy, is that right?

If so, you can't really tell whether the file is backup "correctly" as the farm is backup as a whole.

If it was a GRT-based,  you should be able to browse (expand) down to the document level and find out if that file is backup as it is, or just a zero-size file.

florin_s
Level 4
Certified

GRT is used for backup otherwise i wouldn't have had the option to restore a single file.

yes, i can expand and browse to the file, the file has a ~2MB size but when it's restored, it's restored with a 0 byte size(tried several backups same thing.)