Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataMigration step failing in VBR 6.6 upgrade to OpsCenterAnalytics 7.0

Tummala
Level 2

Previous Version: Veritas Backup Reporter 6.6.x

Upgraded Version: OpsCenter Analytics 7.0

Issue:

I am upgrading VBR 6.6 to OpsCenter Analytics 7.0. Data migration started. After processing a few rows, it failed with out of memory error. I have increased -Xms to 1024M and -Xmx to 1400M in <install_dir>\OpsCenter\server\bin\OpsCenterServerService.xml and restarted OpsCenter services in windows but I don't see any progress in migration status. I am trying to find if there is a script or command to relaunch data migration process. The only way I can get some progress is to kick off install again and select Repair. It then migrates a few more rows and fails with memory error again as repair process is putting default vaules back into xml file.

I already opened a critical case with Symantec but still waiting on their response for several hours. Has anyone run into similar situation ? I would like to know if there is a way to change memory settings and manually launch data migration process.

Error message:

VBR Stopping old database

[NbuScheduledThreadPool] ThreadDecorator VbrUpgradeTask run task terminated abnormally. ThreadName : Dispatched-DBUpgradeManager-thread-1-VbrUpgradeTaskjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.converter.DomainTapeDriveHistoryConverter.convert(DomainTapeDriveHistoryConverter.java:11)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.converter.DomainTapeDriveConverter.convert(DomainTapeDriveConverter.java:60)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.converter.DomainTapeDriveConverter.convert(DomainTapeDriveConverter.java:96)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.upgrader.DomainTapeDriveUpgrader.doUpgrade(DomainTapeDriveUpgrader.java:67)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.upgrader.Vbr66Upgrader.upgradeBackupTables(Vbr66Upgrader.java:562)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.upgrader.Vbr66Upgrader.upgradeDomainTables(Vbr66Upgrader.java:426)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.upgrader.Vbr66Upgrader.startUpgrade(Vbr66Upgrader.java:164)

at com.symantec.nbu.nom.dbupgrade.vbr_66.VbrUpgradeTask.run(VbrUpgradeTask.java:64)

at com.symantec.nbu.common.threadpool.ThreadDecorator.run(ThreadDecorator.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tummala
Level 2

Issue is now resolved.

Symantec support gave me an EEB to fix the issue and helped me in completing the data migration. Applied 7.0.1 update and then EEB (701EEB_ET2122784_2) ))))q

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tummala
Level 2

Issue is now resolved.

Symantec support gave me an EEB to fix the issue and helped me in completing the data migration. Applied 7.0.1 update and then EEB (701EEB_ET2122784_2) ))))q