cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFRAC 3 Node GCO

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I'd like to find out if its possible to install a SFRAC GCO (VVR) with 2 Nodes in one site and only 1 Node in the DR site.

I'm thinking that Oracle RAC might have some issues with this?

O/S Linux RedHat 5

DB Oracle RAC 10G (dont know if its R2)

SFRAC 5.0 (as i believe 5.1 doesn't support anything except Oracle 11G)

I'm not really concerned about the versions here, more about the possibility of using only 1 node in DR. I've read that 11G has a feature called one-node RAC, but the client is not running that feature, and i also don't know if you can mix it with regular RAC.

Looking forward to your replies.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

avsrini
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Riaan,

You should be able to configure a 2 node SFRAC Primary site and single node VCS on DR site using VVR.

VCS (GCO) with VVR will work ok as it replicates the data between 2 different arrays. But Oracle on DR side

may have to be configured in such a way that it will come up as standalone. I'm not sure about one-node RAC,

you may have to check with Oracle on this.

But for SFRAC / VVR / GCO operation this configuration will work.

Regards

Srini

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

avsrini
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Riaan,

You should be able to configure a 2 node SFRAC Primary site and single node VCS on DR site using VVR.

VCS (GCO) with VVR will work ok as it replicates the data between 2 different arrays. But Oracle on DR side

may have to be configured in such a way that it will come up as standalone. I'm not sure about one-node RAC,

you may have to check with Oracle on this.

But for SFRAC / VVR / GCO operation this configuration will work.

Regards

Srini

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really concerned about our stack as I know its possible. I'm more concerned about the Oracle side, and the way it would need to be configured. With RAC having two SID's and one DB (or the otherway around). I will have the client check with Oracle though in the meanwhile.

They plan to install on VMware though so worst case I can just tell them to add another VMguest.

Thanks

R

RiaanBadenhorst

Some feedback on this,

I've found out that it is possible to run a single node/non-RAC in the DR site. The configuration contained in the init.ora and spfiles at DR must just refelct the correct data, control, and archive log file location etc. You'll therefore have a slightly different VCS configuration at the DR site, but as long as your replicate the dbf's, logs, etc it will work fine.