cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxfs filesystem not getting mounted during server reboot.

lineesh2009
Level 3

This is a new installation case. After reboot the vxfs filesystems are not getting mounted though fstab. error in console is fsck failed.

vxfs version : 5.5 RP1

My fstab entry :

/dev/vx/dsk/datadg/vol1 /application vxfs _netdev,defaults 1 2

I found similar issue in this tech Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64640 . Is this bug persist in redhat servers also?

Is there any option to address this isse. My dg is created newly.

Regards,

Lineesh.NM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi Lineesh,

The solution mentioned is a common solution, it is very likely it is found on RHEL as well...

You can try the steps mentioned in tech article..

By the way, did u did any deport/import operation recently ? (using  -t) option ? I am suspecting that volume is not in "enabled active" state by the time fsck is coming to check it....

Gaurav

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi Lineesh,

The solution mentioned is a common solution, it is very likely it is found on RHEL as well...

You can try the steps mentioned in tech article..

By the way, did u did any deport/import operation recently ? (using  -t) option ? I am suspecting that volume is not in "enabled active" state by the time fsck is coming to check it....

Gaurav

lineesh2009
Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

Option hotplug is not supported in RHEL. even if i remove the _netdev option, it adds this option by vxfs stop itself.

Regards,

Lineesh.NM

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Gaurav

lineesh2009
Level 3

Hi Gaurav,

This dg is created newly and it is not imported manually. 

Once the server came up i used to do an fsck and mount. I am not enabling the volumes in the dg. That means once the server is up the volumes are already in started state.

how it is mounting the filesystem after the network is up (which startup script) ?. ie: my fstab entry contains _netdev option.