cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does persistent fastresync need drl log?

IdaWong
Level 4

hi,according to the documentation persistent fastresync seems to only need dco log. could i confirm that drl is not needed as well to survive a reboot?

regards,

ida 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DRL (Dirty region logging) is used to synchronize mirrors after a system crash (i.e DRL tracks in flight transactions so you only need to resync those writes that were occuring at the time of the system crash).  

DCO (Fast Mirror resync or persistent fastresync) is used to synchronize mirrors after an array crash (i.e DCO tracks writes that occur on one array while the other is down - or all paths to array are down) or to resync a snapshot

DCO version 2 (as from about 5.0 I think) has DRL functionality included with DCO so DRL is not required

DCO requires and Enterprise license, but DRL is available as part of Standard Licence

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IdaWong
Level 4

i understand now my question was incorrectly put. please ignore

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DRL (Dirty region logging) is used to synchronize mirrors after a system crash (i.e DRL tracks in flight transactions so you only need to resync those writes that were occuring at the time of the system crash).  

DCO (Fast Mirror resync or persistent fastresync) is used to synchronize mirrors after an array crash (i.e DCO tracks writes that occur on one array while the other is down - or all paths to array are down) or to resync a snapshot

DCO version 2 (as from about 5.0 I think) has DRL functionality included with DCO so DRL is not required

DCO requires and Enterprise license, but DRL is available as part of Standard Licence

Mike