cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.52 won't upgrade 6.50 install >:-(

John_Rounds
Level 4
I try to upgrade my 6.50 installation with 6.52 and it thinks 6.52 is already installed. It goes through the motions and asks to Remove, Modify, or Repair.
I reboot, and verify that 6.50 is still installed.
Any ideas?
Tnx.
10 REPLIES 10

Tianxiang_Chua
Level 3
Hi John,

You might want to uninstall and reinstall the newer version instead. Remember to keep your user command files when asked. Further more, the schedule and job options.

So far I only managed to in place upgrade from 6 to 6.5.

Hope this helps.

John_Rounds
Level 4
So, it will keep all my settings, jobs, etc???
Remember in the past... we had to re-create all these things w/ every upgrade!! THAT was a NIGHTMARE!

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi John,

As Tianxiang Chua mentioned, when you uninstall 6.5 a very specific window will appear during the uninstall process asking if you want to keep job files, etc, in case you will be reinstalling later.

Thanks.

John_Rounds
Level 4
Thanks guys!

reza_akhlaghy
Level 4
Hi

It's possible to upgrade your server by just running setup, it will quitely upgrade server and
asks for restart. After that open console, and click on computer tree, (do not click on any computer name)
for each machine you can see upgrade (if I remember correctly) in a box in up-right corner.

John_Rounds
Level 4
This 'upgrade in place' was not working.
In addition, the un-install, then reboot, then install of 6.52 also didn't appear to work (which I think is pretty impossible... Smiley Surprised ??)
After I UNINSTALLED 6.50 and then installed 6.52 I ran Help\About and it says it's version: 6.5.0.17171  (yes, the local system was highlighted at the time)

I also have another site that we waited upgrading on... over there, I uninstalled version 3, rebooted, installed my JUST downloaded version 6.52 from File Connect and that one also says version: 6.5.0.17171

Has ANYONE else seen this??

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi John,

Just to confirm that I understand what's happening -- are you saying the install of what should be version 6.5.2 seems to go okay, and the version that installs seems to run fine, but the concern is that the build number doesn't seem to indicate that the version you've installed is 6.5.2?

Just want to make sure we're troubleshooting the right issue.

Thanks.

reza_akhlaghy
Level 4
 Hi

Oh, I forgot to mention that Symantec DID NOT change version number to 6.5.2 or 6.5.3, they
 can be just distinguished with their build numbers , build number 17171 is for 6.5.2 and
 17983 is for 6.5.3

testerics
Level 4
There is 6.5.3 version? Why I can't see it for download on my account if the upgrade license expires on june 2007?

reza_akhlaghy
Level 4
Hi

It's Yet-Another-Annoyance from symantec. You must request access to this version from MySupport,
create a case and they will give you user/pass to download from another site.