cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - Constant sudden error EC8F17B7 - A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly.

JSD
Level 3

The following error message has suddenly started to appear last week for no particular reason:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\).
Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, Can::ReadFileFrameReal: .\Can.cpp(804): fsFileOffset < m_u64CurrentFileSize. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

I have since been unable to complete a single backup. The data is backed up to an iSCSI NAS which also provides space for another server which backs up OK. That leads me to beleive it's not the storage. I have since reformatted, reinitialized, disk checked the backup volume and even recreated the iSCSI connection points from scratch again.

BESR starts doing its job, but is not actually creating any recovery points. BESR is up to date according to LiveUpdate and nothing has changed in terms of configuration. The server has also been rebooted. The only thing I have not done yet is to reinstall BESR.

I have not found any resolutions for this and several articles I found state that there is no solution at present which is unacceptable really as I have no running backup.

Software environment: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP-2, BESR 2010 Server Edition, v9.0.1.36527.
1 REPLY 1

JSD
Level 3
Has resolved itself in the meantime, strangely enough.