cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Deploy Agent from BESR 8.5 Server

Yaz08
Level 3
I cannot get the deploy agent to install to a remote computer. What are some of the issues that could be causing this? I currently have 7 servers running the agent with no problems. I can ping this server I'm trying to deploy to as well.
5 REPLIES 5

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

What error(s) are you getting when you attempt the push?

Gilly

JWK
Level 4
I get cannot validate notification settings.

I am not even sure where to start with this one.

ioniancat21
Level 5
I've had deployment issues before. If you have the issue with dozens of other computers besides the one mentioned here, disregard this workaround.

Simply Remote Desktop into the server and share your CD Drive containing the BESR software. Run the BESR setup program and manually install the client. Since it's one machine if I get your message right, it may not be worth troubleshooting an issue only affecting one computer.

Now...................as for the notification issue, is this related to your e-mail SMTP settings? If it is, I'm surprised BESR is halting on that. What I've personally found to be related to issues like yours is having improper security credentials on the server your deploying to. You may need to provide either Domain Admin or Local Admin credentials to get it working right.

JWK
Level 4
I tried to deply from another workstation and it worked. The manual install of the server also worked. So some workstations can deploy it remotely, others can't. They have the exact same configuration. I will chalk it up to another broken feature in BESR.

ioniancat21
Level 5
Hapyy to hear you up and running. If issues always got solved as easy all the time.............