cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read backups

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery was working last week, now it says "The last scheduled backup of DroboPro (D:\) was missed.  Remedy: Back up now to create a recovery point."  I click the back up now and I get "Cannot read backups".  I can read the drive [DroboPro D:\] fine through explorer.  Details of the error show:

-E1ADD76B: Cannot read backups.

-Object reference not set to an instance of an abject.

(UMI: V-281-429-55147)

15 REPLIES 15

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

As stated, I can read the backup destination just fine.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Just to make it clear: As far as I understand it means that you can read the drive D:\ that you want to backup, but can you also read the backup destination, the place where the backups are stored e.g. a NAS device ?

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

Source and destination are locally attached Drobo drives (not NAS), and both can be read via Windows Explorer.

criley
Employee Accredited

You mentioned that it was working last week so I would suggest that you try:

** Restart the Backup Exec System Recovery service

If that does not help, try rebooting the machine to see if that helps.

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

I have rebooted the machine and the same issue remains.  I was on hold with Symantec for over an hour and a half yesterday and no one picked up.  I am currently on hold with Symantec 54 minutes, and doubt I will fare much better.  One time in the past I had to wait over 3 hours for Symantec support.  Enterprise support should not have to wait this long, especially from a company such as Symantec.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Is the drive visible in Windows Disk management ?

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

Yes, I can view the drive in Windows Explorer and Disk Management.  I even created a folder & deleted it to make sure I could read/write to it.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well, file and folder backup is a simple copy job whereas a image job is a block level copy of the drive.  Have you thought about opening a case with Symantec ?

Jason_Rasmussen
Level 3

I opened up a case with Symantec after being on hold over 2 hours.  It appears to back up, but I get the following error when attempting to explore the last "sucessful" recovery point:

Cannot mount the recovery point (drive information). Result (0xe98f0032 21 RPAM_ERR_MOUNT_FAILED Args [1] Arg (0xbab0006 0xe0bb01aa);)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

criley
Employee Accredited

What do you mean by 'explore'? Are you using the recovery point browser or the granular restore option?

How big are the volumes that you are backing up?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news in here ?