cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E7D1000B: Unable to make directory

Triven
Level 4

Hi all,

I have 7 servers using BESR2010 all backing up to 1 server on the network.

All of these servers backups have failed all with the same error below:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (C:\), Apps & Data (D:\).
 Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.
  Error E7D1000B: Unable to make directory '//*Servername*/backups/'.
   Error EBAB03F1: The system cannot find the file specified. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

The server its being backed up to is Server 2003 Standard.

There is enough diskspace and is accessible from all 7 other servers.

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

So backups were working but have suddenly started failing?

If you try and manually run the backup on one of these servers, does it still fail? If yes, can you restart the Backup Exec System Recovery service and then try again to see if this helps.

Triven
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Restarted the services on the servers and re-tryed the backup job, failed again with the same error.

And yes as of a couple of days ago they worked fine.

When i say they worked fine, every now and then they stop and sit at 95% but there is no pattern to this.

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

I wonder if the password has changed recently? The password for the account that is being used in SSR to authenticate to that share.

One way to check this is to edit the job and change the folder you are backing up to (change it to d:\temp for example). Save the job and then edit it again, then change it back to the original path (at this point it should prompt to enter username/password). If this is accepted, try backup again.

Triven
Level 4

Hi Chris,

The password hasn't changed at all.

I've tried changing the backup destination as suggested but no luck.

It now looks like i cannot surf to the backup destination share so its possible the destination server may need a reboot. I will keep you updated.

Any other suggestions in the mean time?

criley
Employee Accredited

Nothing else that I can think of at the moment. May need to take a look at the debug logs to figure this one out.

Let us know how things go once you have resolved the issue with your destination server.

Triven
Level 4

Hi Chris,

It looks like i forgot to check the basics, i was unable to access the backup folder share from any of the servers. so what i did was removed the share and re-add it back in, as soon as i did that the servers could then see the destination folder. I've kicked off manual backups and so far 2 out of 7 have completed, i am waiting on the rest.

It looks like this may be the fix.

Apologies for wasting your time, I appreciate your support.