Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Console

exoscotty
Level 2

Hi

I hope this isnt too dull a question.

We have the BESR 2010 and manage a number of servers and desktops, but in the standard management console I appear to only be able to see one at a time, I cant see summarised views.

Is this not available in the standard management console, and if not what is the correct product?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

It sounds like you need to take a look at the management solution then. This should give you what you are after, and it's free.

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/agents_options.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

What is the difference between BESR2010MS and the altiris one?

There are the same thing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

What exactly are you wanting to see? I assume that you are talking about the Altiris-based management solution?

You can see a snapshot of all the clients status by going to Manage Tasks/Computers.

Linas
Level 6

You have the product as support calls it when you install BESR2010 on a pc or server

I think this is what you call the standard console

And BESR2010MS or the management solution made by Altiris

This will allow you to schedule jobs and monitor all clients

Symantec doesn’t recommend unless you have more then 25 clients

exoscotty
Level 2

Chris, I can see the snapshot by individual machine, but what I am after is pretty much the same information but preferably as a live summary for all machines and backups/images or at least as a report.

Linas, yes that is what I meant. What is the difference between BESR2010MS and the altiris one?

Whilst it would be nice to automate scheduling, I can set up the schedules by machine. I only have to do this once. The important part for me is the monitoring.

At present I monitor 6 servers and about 20 pcs, but expect that to increase substantially in the new future, hence not wanting to spend all day connecting to each machine individually

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

It sounds like you need to take a look at the management solution then. This should give you what you are after, and it's free.

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/agents_options.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

What is the difference between BESR2010MS and the altiris one?

There are the same thing.

exoscotty
Level 2

Thanks. Will give it a go