cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10? New software update for Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition?

davep2344
Level 3

I am currently using Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 with my Windows 8.1 based desktop PC.  I am planning on upgrading to Windows 10 on July 29, 2015 when Windows 10 is released.  I've been relying on Norton Ghost and SSR 2013 to do full system images for years.

Is Symantec currently working on software for Symantec System Recovery 2013 so that it will be compatible with Windows 10?  

Will Symantec be offering a FREE update patch to Symantec System Recovery 2013 that will make it compatible with Windows 10?  Will it be called Symantec System Recovery 2013 R3 or something else like Symantec System Recovery 2015?

I would like to see SSR 2013 tested and certified as compatible with Windows 10 as soon as possible.  I would prefer not to have switch to another vendor's system image backup software like Acronis.  Their website is saying that you can get a free software update for Windows 10 compatibility for Acronis True Image 2015.

385 REPLIES 385

criley
Employee Accredited

Frank,

All the details you need are here (http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081200).

The version you have is not (and will never be) supported with Windows 10. You need to upgrade to 2013 R2.

That figure you quoted does not sound right. It sounds like you have been quoted for the server edition of SSR.

For now, you could just download and install the trial version which will at least keep you going for 60 days - https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-2013-server-edition.html

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Frank,

Two things:

1.  In Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Reocvery, and in there you should see a button that allows you to roll back to Windows 7.  This process is actually quite reliable (in my experience and in reviews I've read) so where you'd think it was a typical MS-style half-assed utility it's pretty good. 

2.  But if you're sticking with Windows 10, if you need System Recovery then it will run you around $85-90 (Canadian).  I'm a reseller in Canada so I sell this product as my main standalone desktop-level recovery solution. 

A side note, your inabiliyty to boot might be that, by default, most OEM's set their BIOS to not treat the DVD as a first boot source.  I soret of assume you've changed that yet who knows, maybe after a firmware update you may have done maybe it reset to default. I know Lenovo is kind of dumb about their BIOS designs and they do tend to do stupid things like that sometimes.   

susane_1
Not applicable

Norton 360 & Support
Call US Toll Free 1-844-270-0405 For Install Help.
We Help For Norton Products
www.nortontechnicalsupport.us

DigiDave
Level 3

This is false Norton Support information.

splat_143
Not applicable

Geoff:

Thanks for the information. I finally, well a couple months ago, was able  to purchase 4 copies of SSR 2013 R2 Desktop Edition. Three from Egghead and one through Sears.com. The latter was a surprise to me. The package was actually sent from a VAR in California. I was able to apply the purchased licenses to my Trial Installations without issue. Tracking down the product was not easy to say the least. I agree it seems that Individual Users were low on Veritas' list.

Joe T.

We offer technical assistance through toll free

dell printer you also can contact us through web

just go : www.dellprintersupport.us