1. I noticed that when conducting searches in the Research tab, when selecting to or from a department, it does not let me drill down into the department and select individual members. This functionality exists when searching from the Departments tab, and the Help/Manual implies that it is available to all three search methods (Research, Department, and Application). It seems like maybe we have a wrong configuration, or we’re missing some patch. We need to be able to drill into departments and select individual users when conducting research.
2. When searching from the Departments tab, once there are hits, the Preview tab does not appear at the bottom, where we would normally check the results and either stop or reject the search. This works when searching from the Research tab, and once again, the manual implies that this functionality should be available when searching from anywhere. How are we to know whether to reject or accept a departmental search when we have no preview pane?
3. When using the double arrow functionality in the message routing criteria in a search, it seems to not work as expected, at least when I try to configure it to search for email between a single user and outside the organization. It also catches emails from other users inside the organization, but with outside addresses in the To or CC fields. Using the single arrows does not yield these results. In short, I would expect the double arrow to be basically the union of the two corresponding single arrow searches, but it is not, it catches more cases. Is there any documentation besides the manual that describes these search criteria?
Solved! Go to Solution.
At EV Holic,
1. This works as expected in my lab CA 10 environment.
2. Do you have Show Search Result In Progress enabled in the Configurations>Setttings>Search section
3. You query here isn't very clear, could you post a screen shot of your search criteria?
Regarding CA lacking the ability to preview results of a search when done from the Department, it is not something you want to hear, but I was told by Symantec support that it is by design. It would have been nice if there is a Results tab akin to DA though.