cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure Flex Appliance 5250

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello all, 

I have a project to configure a Flex-Appliance. The documentation is not very clear, is it possible to guide me a bit so I can configure the box myself? I did configure non-flex-appliances, but the flex ones are rather different.

Regards, 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bhdrkzltn
Level 4

Sorry, missed the subject line covering the model.

# IPMI and NIC1/eth0 ports must be plugged-in and up state.
# NIC1 interface is reported as "host0/mgmt" at Flex OS level. It's used to access Flex Management console.
# Get IPMI interface, login and change default sysadmin password.
# Login to Flex Appliance via hostadmin/P@ssw0rd. And change default password (set user password).
# Set timezone (set date timezone).
# Manipulate /etc/hosts file to point IP/FQDN/Shortname to be assigned to host0/mgmt interface (system add-host).
# Configure host0 interface (setup configure-network).
# Set NTP server (set date ntp).
# Configure Flex Management Console (setup configure-console).

Once completed you should be able to access to Flex Management Console (https://fqdn) and login with admin/P@ssw0rd pair.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Azhar4
Level 4

you would need to seek professional services help as it will need  passphrase and key from support for accessing the root.. and since it is a new setup, current support wont help either.

we recently installed the new flex device with help of them.

bhdrkzltn
Level 4

What's the model number (5150, 5250, 53x0) to be configured?

Since that appliance is already configured to run in lock-down mode to enable immutability, accessing to its shell with root user is prohibited.

bhdrkzltn
Level 4

Sorry, missed the subject line covering the model.

# IPMI and NIC1/eth0 ports must be plugged-in and up state.
# NIC1 interface is reported as "host0/mgmt" at Flex OS level. It's used to access Flex Management console.
# Get IPMI interface, login and change default sysadmin password.
# Login to Flex Appliance via hostadmin/P@ssw0rd. And change default password (set user password).
# Set timezone (set date timezone).
# Manipulate /etc/hosts file to point IP/FQDN/Shortname to be assigned to host0/mgmt interface (system add-host).
# Configure host0 interface (setup configure-network).
# Set NTP server (set date ntp).
# Configure Flex Management Console (setup configure-console).

Once completed you should be able to access to Flex Management Console (https://fqdn) and login with admin/P@ssw0rd pair.

Hello,

IS the DNS and NTP is mandatory while configuring the flex appliance.

i have to configure Flex appliance 5260.   

Reg.

Mak