cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder was restored to non-existent location?

red888
Level 3

When restoring a folder from a DFSR folder I accidentally typed in the wrong path when redirecting the folder I was restoring and when I look at the job log I see this:

"

Set Information - \\myserver\Shadow?Copy?Components - VSS Writer File System

Restoring data to \\myserver\Shadow?Copy?Components\myserver\my.FQDN.name\myfolder

"

It should be myserver.my.FQDN.name\myfolder.

But it says the restore completed successfully. Where the heck did it put the data? I checked in the system volume information folder on every disk on the server and could not find it. I assumed the restore actually failed, but BE reported it as successful. Was this the case? If not then were is the folder it restored?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dharmarp
Level 3
Employee Accredited

There are chances where backup exec shows restore job completed successfully, no data written to destination.

As data is not physically present in the location. Backup Exec may skip the files from writing. Check the Joblog at the end, you can see the skipped files. If files are not skipped, check for the Job rate and Bytes written in the Joblog..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dharmarp
Level 3
Employee Accredited

There are chances where backup exec shows restore job completed successfully, no data written to destination.

As data is not physically present in the location. Backup Exec may skip the files from writing. Check the Joblog at the end, you can see the skipped files. If files are not skipped, check for the Job rate and Bytes written in the Joblog..