cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SDR on Disaster Recovery site

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

I have following situation.

I have two locations. One location is main and secondary is backup in case of disaster. In both places I have backup servers with Symantec Backup Exec 2012 (SP4). In case of disaster I will use a tape to restore data in backup premises.

On one of the production server I was forced to use registry key "User-Defined Exclusion Resources" to remove some files from backuping. This registry feature allow me to keep green indicator and use fully recovery option (SDR) of the server.

For testing purposes I have tried to restore the server in my backup premises. I have cataloged the tape but Backup Exec in my backup premises was not able to see the data which I have backuped yesterday. The same issue appear when I have booted the server with SDR cd-rom. Backup Exec didn't saw any of backup created by me after I have added a key in registry.

What to do except backuping all data on d: drive ? Is there any chance to force Symantec Backup Exec to restore datsa without d: drive ?

I have tried to add "User-Defined Exclusion Resources" key to my backup server where I have installed Backup Exec but this feature handle with server where the key is added. It has nothing to do with remote server.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Can you see and restore these backups on the original server?

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Yes. On the main server I'm able to see everything even I have excluded some files from D: drive.