cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were do you guys go to get support after DA was closed

FlemmingDK
Level 2
Gents

Symantec closed DirectAssist - And I not been able to get support for BE 11d since - well yes this forum but its public. All I can find is some phonenumber to the indian supporters and these are good but the DA was a million times better..

It get embarrasing (for veritas) when you see

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/contact_techsupp.jsp?pid=15047

There it says contact us via mail ... NO you cannot - use the MySupport site - NO you cannot  - Mysupport is for customer relation matters..

So in short - except for calling them and using the best part of an hour to get support ... how do you do it?
5 REPLIES 5

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

As of now, the only method to currently open a support for Backup Exec is to call us and open a support case. We are looking to alternative methods so customers can have another method to contact us, but as of now phone support is the only method we currently have to open a support case.

You are always welcome to use the forums as well.

Stumpr2
Level 6

Collin Goolsby wrote:

You are always welcome to use the forums as well.

Don't forget to add the tag....thank you and have a nice day Smiley Very Happy

FlemmingDK
Level 2
Thank you for your replys,

Thats too bad, that really degrading the support :(

Why closing directassist - it worked? (maybe thats why :-))

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

We are always looking at methods to improve support.

Please continue to stick with us. We are aware that numerous customers loved the functionality of Direct Assist. Trust me that the powers that be were aware of that, and they are looking at options that will hopefully improve on what Direct Assist had to offer.

We are not going to leave you in the dark for support.

Hope I have been of some assisance for you.

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
"Please continue to stick with us"

If Symantec was serious about supporting their customers they would have a solution BEFORE they shut down DA.  The shutting down of DA was the last straw.  I already have approval for DPM in my budget and won't be renewing my so called "support" contract with Symantec.