cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS NOTICE V-16-1-52563 VCS Login:Enter Password:VCS WARNING V-16-1-11135 Cannot get password -- error 0x6

executablez
Level 2

Hi,

I need help to remove this error.

VCS NOTICE V-16-1-52563 VCS Login:Enter Password:VCS WARNING V-16-1-11135 Cannot get password -- error 0x6

I have performed the steps from the solution on this page (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54834) but still when I try to switch the service group the error occured.

.vcspwd content

# more .vcspwd
100 globalzone02 z_res_localzone02_zone_globalzone02.region.company.net JlmHlgKrlFmiKglSlg
# hostname
localzone02
#

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

executablez
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the comment. I have solved the issue by ran again the following command.

hazonesetup -g sg_listenername_zone -r res_zonename_zone -z zonename -p password -a -l -s globalzonename

I have run this on both node and it created a new entry for .vcspwd file and everything is running fine now.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sajith_cr
Level 4
Employee

Which version of VCS  are you using?

You need to perform the commands on each node after switching the service group to a node.

If the VCS version you are using provides hazonesetup utility, then you can use this utility on each node.

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner

I've moved this to the Cluster Server forum.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The instruction in the link do not give much details about creating the new account from the Cluster Manager Java Console - the details are:

1. Create user with no privileges
  2. Add user as an administrator to service group that contains zone resource (modify "Administrators" attribute for service group so group has line:
    Administrators = { new_account_name }
    in main.cf

You should have a line in .vcspwd for every node in the zone can fail to, so if your zone resource is in a failover group then you should have multiple lines (you only have 1) and it should only have one line if the zone resource is in a parallel service group.

Note you can test .vcspwd is working by logging out of zone, logging back in (as root), setting and exporting VCS_HOST to name of global_zone and then test you can run a VCS command like "hagrp -list" and it should NOT prompt for a password.

Can you provide attachment or copy and paste your main.cf

Mike

executablez
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the comment. I have solved the issue by ran again the following command.

hazonesetup -g sg_listenername_zone -r res_zonename_zone -z zonename -p password -a -l -s globalzonename

I have run this on both node and it created a new entry for .vcspwd file and everything is running fine now.

Thank you.