Searching by folder.

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would recommend creating a new provisioning group with new a new policy with it enabled and SLOWLY adding users to the group.  Don't enable all your users at once.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37639

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

Ok so I have a user that is attempting to search by a specific folder so that the results receive are all the archived messages placed in that folder. 

So the question I guess Im asking is can you search by folder "Folder Name" being the search criteria in DA?

TonySterling

You could use an attibute called Original Location.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31610

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

Hello Tony thanks for the the feed back!

Original Location seem to only return Items if they were orignally archived from said folder. 

If Items were moved to the folder after being archived then they do not show up.

Someone said that indexmissing.log could cause inaccurate result.

I had the user  look and found1 indexmissing.log.

TonySterling

What version of EV and DA are you running?

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

Both are 8.0.3

TonySterling

Did you enable Moved Items to be updated?  When you look in Archive Explorer where do the archived items show, in the original folder or current location?

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

How do I enable Moved Items to be updated? I know this is a probably right under my nose.

TonySterling

I would recommend creating a new provisioning group with new a new policy with it enabled and SLOWLY adding users to the group.  Don't enable all your users at once.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37639

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

Ok the setting for Moved Items was checked to update archive location for items moved in mailbox fiel

So would you still recommend creating a new provisioning group with new a new policy? 

The Moved Items setting suggests that items should be updated and appear in the current location.

However when preforming DA search and using Original Location and specifying  a foleder all item in said  

fold are not returned in search.

* The folder only contains 46 items

TonySterling

If it is already checked and functioning then no, no need to create a new policy.  To verify it is working view the archive in Archive Explorer, do all 46 items show?

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

All items are there via Archive Explorer but 11 items are not in the DA search when using "Original Location" and specifing the Folder.

ShawnS
Level 3
Partner

The inconsistance result was caused by the user not understanding when their EV system expire data  and Exchange Expire data. 

Thanks for your help Tony!