cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Driven PST migration (Open Discussion) EV 10 and Exchange 2010

EvaultProfessio
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I've done plenty of research on this topic and reviewed some of my comments in older discussions related to previous versions of EV when originally testing this functionality. :) However, I wanted to post this discussion to confirm my research and to gather an understanding in regards to how everyone else understands it.

Client Driven Migration:

* Policy has been set to search (Documents  Settings) folder.

* Migration is ingesting PST file within (D&S) folder and other file path locations.

Is it correct to indicate that "Client Driven PST Migration"

"Client side migration will archive items in documents & Settings folder, Local drives if PST is attached to Outlook profile of the enabled user, or if the user enabled for "Client Side Migration" had open/closed a PST file at a previous point using their Email Account regardless of the drive location."

"Client side migration will NOT archive items in another users "D&S" folder, Will NOT migrate a PST file on a LOCAL drive if it is not attached to the Outlook profile of the enabled user, and as long as the enabled user has never opened or closed a PST file at a previous point using their Email Account regardless of the drive location."  

Please advise on any comments or questions.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I am not sure I follow your sentences, so here is my take on your configured steps.

Client driven migration will scan the users Documents and Settings folder.  It will not find PST files which are in another users Documents and Settings folder.  It will not find PST files that are in other folders (eg c:\Temp)

A PST file that was once attached to the users Outlook profile, but isn't any longer, located anywhere on the machine will be discovered, if it still exists in that location.

A PST file that is currently attached to the users Outlook profile will be located anywhere on the machine.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I am not sure I follow your sentences, so here is my take on your configured steps.

Client driven migration will scan the users Documents and Settings folder.  It will not find PST files which are in another users Documents and Settings folder.  It will not find PST files that are in other folders (eg c:\Temp)

A PST file that was once attached to the users Outlook profile, but isn't any longer, located anywhere on the machine will be discovered, if it still exists in that location.

A PST file that is currently attached to the users Outlook profile will be located anywhere on the machine.

EvaultProfessio
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Rob,

Thanks for the reply! Your summary looks good to me and it confirms what I was trying to find originally. i'll inform client of this procedure.

Thanks and best regards,

D.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.. and feel free to mark the post as a solution, if it has helped you :)