cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Search - unknown zone (mixed)

S-L
Level 3

Hi there,

we're running EV11 with cumulative update 2.The new search is pretty exciting, but we noticed one annoyance:

When opening an archived item with a double-click IE asks me if I want to open or save the file. The root cause must be that the EVS page is located on the "unknown zone (mixed)"; see screenshot attached. We've have added our domain suffix to the intranet zone, so I assume there is something else loading.

I've checked with Fiddler if there is some other traffic going around, but negative. So I assume it has something to do with the aspx content; but I'm not an expert on this. Protected Mode is not activated, so this can't be the cause for this.

On EV10 this has worked well and the site was recognized in the "Intranet Zone", as expected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

S-L

ev_search.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Have a look at this forum posting from JW3. That possibly has the solution for you:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/open-message-enterprise-vault-search-without-having-c...

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Have a look at this forum posting from JW3. That possibly has the solution for you:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/open-message-enterprise-vault-search-without-having-c...

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

my take on it is that this behavior is by design, or so they say, so the new EV Search can work with multiple browsers. the workaround by JW is fantastic but i want to clarify that it is purely an OS thing and not EV.

S-L
Level 3

Hi GJ,

that pointed me into the right direction, but on Windows 8 the functionality is missing; even on a freshly installed machine (wihtout GPO and any customization) I didn't get this working.

Looks like our users need to live with this. Maybe the message preview is enough for most of them.

Cheers,

S-L