Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault Welcome message after enabling for archival

Ezakial
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

I recently installed EV 9.0.1 on windows server 2003 Sp2 32-bit with SQL server 2005 R2.

The welcome message after enabling for archival is not working. I copied the EnableMailboxArchival.msg in c:\progra~\Enteprise vault, even after coping teh file to teh said location , the users are unable to get the welcome message after enabling for email archival.

Please let me know the solution if anyone has resolved such issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

have you given the correct Send On Behalf As permissions to the EVAdmin on the system mailbox? if you check the Symantec Enterprise Vault event logs, you should see an error there after each user is enabled that it failed to send out the message

one could be that the message could not be found, another is that it can't send on behalf as the system mailbox.

Giving the EVAdmin account Send As/Receive As permissions in the environment is really only half the story, to be able to send emails out on behalf of someone else

For an Exchange 2003 environment you would do the following

1. Open the Vault Admin Console
2. Expand out Enterprise Vault Servers, choose your EV Server
3. Go to the properties of the Exchange server task
4. Go to the Settings tab and make a note of the System Mailbox
5. Find the System Mailbox in Active Directory
6. Go to the System Mailboxes properties
7. Go to the Exchange General tab
8. Click the Delivery Options Button
9. You will then see "Send on behalf" and an Add button
10. Click Add and then add your user

You may have to wait for two hours to sync the permissions, but after that on the Enterprise Vault Server logged in as the EV Admin, create a mail profile that connects to the system mailbox as the EVAdmin, then create a new message, if you then receieve that message, the send on behalf has worked

Next enable a user and ensure they get the welcome message and no errors are logged in the event logs

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

have you given the correct Send On Behalf As permissions to the EVAdmin on the system mailbox? if you check the Symantec Enterprise Vault event logs, you should see an error there after each user is enabled that it failed to send out the message

one could be that the message could not be found, another is that it can't send on behalf as the system mailbox.

Giving the EVAdmin account Send As/Receive As permissions in the environment is really only half the story, to be able to send emails out on behalf of someone else

For an Exchange 2003 environment you would do the following

1. Open the Vault Admin Console
2. Expand out Enterprise Vault Servers, choose your EV Server
3. Go to the properties of the Exchange server task
4. Go to the Settings tab and make a note of the System Mailbox
5. Find the System Mailbox in Active Directory
6. Go to the System Mailboxes properties
7. Go to the Exchange General tab
8. Click the Delivery Options Button
9. You will then see "Send on behalf" and an Add button
10. Click Add and then add your user

You may have to wait for two hours to sync the permissions, but after that on the Enterprise Vault Server logged in as the EV Admin, create a mail profile that connects to the system mailbox as the EVAdmin, then create a new message, if you then receieve that message, the send on behalf has worked

Next enable a user and ensure they get the welcome message and no errors are logged in the event logs

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There should be something useful in a dtrace around this too ...

Working for cloudficient.com

LukeMih
Level 3

I had a problem like that once.  I had to create and run the provisioning task from on the archiving server.

Ezakial
Level 3
Certified

Hi

I believe the issue was with default installation folder.I had to re-install the EV due to the installation corruption so after uninstallation first I installed the EVclient instead of the EV server, so the default path taken was c:\program files\Enterprise vault\EVClient hence any *.msg file I copy into the default location was not working.

User started getting messages after I copied the *.msg file into "c:\program files\Enterprise vault\EVClient"

This fixed the issue.