Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 375 Recalling/Exporting Large MSG with Attachment from DA

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
EV2007 SP5 / DA 2007 SP5

Trying to do an export from and we are receiving 375 errors.  I looked up the SaveSetID in DA and the message has an attachment that is 200MB+ (there is a side conversation about why such large attachments are allowed in the first place).

Is there some tuning I can do to help DA recall these large items?  I Export to MSG directly and it fails.

DA shows:
ID Item ID Status Details File name
102354593 102354593 Error Failed to retrieve: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

The App Log Shows:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Accelerator Service Processor
Event Category: None
Event ID: 375
Date: 6/16/2009
Time: 2:06:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MYDASERVER
Description:
APP AT - Customer ID: 6 - An Error has occured when retrieving Item
SaveSetID: 246000000000000~200902271854240000~0~E3E49A026A784DE6AB7FAE04D649D46
VaultID: 10D9E24827A7BB642B33ECC22376ED1AA1110000EVSITE1
Format: MSG:U
sAttachmentID: 0.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
at IStorageOnline.GetOnlineAttachment(String SavesetID, String VaultID, String AttachmentNum, String Format, String reserved, Object& Bytes, Object& MimeTag, Object& Extension, Object& Title, Object& MsgStructure, Object& LargeFileSize)
at KVS.Accelerator.Common.EVStorageOnline.GetOnlineAttachment(String savesetId, String vaultId, String attachmentNum, String format, Object& oBytes, Object& oMimeTag, Object& oExtension, Object& oTitle, Object& oMsgStructure, Object& oLargeFileSize)
at KVS.Common.VaultItem.Item.GetOnlineAttachment(String sSaveSetID, String sAttachmentID, String sFormat, String sVaultID, Object& oBytes, Object& oMimetag, Object& oExtension, Object& oTitle, Object& oStructure, Object& oLargeFileSize)
at KVS.Common.VaultItem.Item.GetItemFromSTGOnline(String itemID, String sSaveSetID, String sAttachmentID, String sFormat, String sVaultID, MessageType msgType)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
First things first from the event message above can you find the dvs file 246000000000000~200902271854240000~0~E3E49A026A784DE6AB7FAE04D649D46 on disk and open it OK?

If so try the following as a test:-

1. From DA homepage, click System Configuration

2. In the 'Settings for' drop down, select Export/production

3. Click Edit next to 'Default to Unicode for PST and MSG'

4. Uncheck the box

5. Click OK on the far right

6. Click Apply on the bottom right

7. Click Close

To test, you will need to do a "New run" Doing a "Re-export" on an existing run will not inherit the new setting. Please let me know if this allows the export to complete successfully.

DJ_Kim
Level 3
Employee Accredited
1. Check the size restriction on the Transaction log growth on DA database as we as tempdb database.
2. If you see any narrowed-restriction then increase the bar and try the export it again.

Joon

Aaron_Mears
Level 4

(Paul)
I tried setting the export to the old format and did a new run, but it failed too.  In DA. "Failed to retrieve: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))' 

Previously (with it set to Unicode) I noticed a "Failed Items Folder" but now I don't see that folder.

(DJ Kim)

The Temp DB is 15GB, with 13GB free per the DB General Properties.  Autogrowth for the Log and DB is set to 500MB, with initial size of 200MB for tempdev and 1MB for templog. 

DA DB is 240GB with 82GB free per the DB General Properties.  Autogrowth for the Log and DB is set to 500MB, with initial size of 240000MB for the DA_DATA and and 363MB for DA_LOG.

The failing Export is < 8,000 items and they aren't all 200MB.  Should I increase the autogrowth to 1GB or set a bigger initial size for tempdb files?

DA also has Outlook 2003 - SP2, does upgrading to Outlook 2003 - SP3 help?

Thanks.

Aaron

DJ_Kim
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Yes, increase the autogrowth to 1GB or bigger for tempdb.

OUTLOOK version sp2 is good enough, no need to upgrade.

Apart from the issue, you have pretty big DA DB = 250gb.

The another way to find the issue out if its autogrowth related issue would be

1. Export fewer items at a time, 100 ~ 1000 items, this will make u understand if the pool size issue or not.  (even try with 1 single item that has the big attachment)
OR
2. Create new temporary DA DB for only search those items and run another fewer Export job as step 1. 

let me know the result.

Joon Kim

DJ_Kim
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Do you remember how long the DB upgrade was running when you upgrade to 2k7 sp5 from previous version ?

If the actual DB size is 250GB, then its time to plan to break the Customer DB into smaller Customers using different scale such as department, or OU criteria.

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
DB and server are new, as is the EV 2007 SP5 install so there was not upgrade.  Yes the DB is big, and we are working on how to make it smaller...but does that cause 375 errors?

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Does this help?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/294807

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.