Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with OWA and Outlook

Nick007
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I have done installation of Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4. For testing purposes I was configure archiving for just 3 mailboxes. Then I was install OWA add on but when I logon with one of testing account to OWA I do not see archiving tabs.
Exchange is 2003 version. Same thing is with Outlook client. When I was install Outlook add on I cannot see icons for archiving. I was install OWA add on and Outlook add on by configuration manual. Is there any task that I mast done before I can use OWA and Outlook for archiving?
Also I was set up mailbox policy that archive all items older then one day but I still see mails in Outlook and in OWA.

Thank you
1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
after doing the install of EV and setting everything up, you have to create a provisioning group making sure those users are added, then run the provisioning task
next you must enable the mailboxes through either automatic enablement or manually enabling them through the mailbox wizard

The fact that both OWA and Outlook won't show the icons either means that the mailboxes haven't been provisioned or enabled correctly or you have policies set on Desktop policy to not show any of the buttons, but the fact you are saying no items have been archived, does sound like you haven't enabled the user

So first things first, open up your Vault Admin Console, expand out Site Name -> Targets -> Exchange.
At this point you should see your domain listed that you wish to test against, if not, right click and add the domain
expand out your domain name and you should see under Exchange Server the server that your users reside on.

If you don't have the Exchange server listed, right click and create it, and opt to have the archiving task and provisioning task created
after this go to Provisioning groups and make sure that you have at least one provisioning group listed that has your target users.
If you have more than one provisioning group, make sure its listed at the top.

Once all thats been done, go to your Enterprise Vault Servers -> your EV Server -> Tasks and run the provisioning task
check the event logs to make sure no errors have been logged, then see if you can enable the mailboxes by using the wizard
also expand out Archives -> Exchange Mailbox and see if the users have existing archives there
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146