cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folder archiving reporting

xgtdec
Level 4

Recently our exchange guys decided to move to a replicated model of exchange and wanted to get all public folders archived.

Most of the 16 public folder are not too bad but theres one thats just over 4TB in size.

I just wanted to get peoples opinions on how to go about reporting on public folder archiving, how would i go about measuring how much is archived, how much more to go, the average a night etc. I also have a number of "could not create a saveset" errors in the logs suggesting theres items in there that aint happy being archived. Naturally i dont really have the time to pick through 10's of thousands of folders to find items that are having trouble. I need to give an estimate of how long the archving will take but from an EV perspective there seems to be no way to determine whats happening in regard to public folders.....is checking for index growth my only option( i hope not)

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to report on and measure public folder archiving on 10.0.4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I typically copy the report into an Excel spread sheet to work with it. It normally doesn't take too much to move the text to columns and make it usable.

I would imagine the reason PF archiving doesn't have the same reports is the fact the install base is so small compared to mailbox archiving.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

What version of EV?

I suppose you could do a Run Now of the Public Folder archive task in Report Mode to find out how much is left to archive.

About Enterprise Vault reports

Article:HOWTO97772  |  Created: 2014-05-07  |  Updated: 2014-05-07  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO97772

xgtdec
Level 4

Thanks Tony!

We are running ver 10.0.4

Is there anything to make the output of report mode a little more......legible :)

I always find that the formatting of the report mode output is more often than not...not worth the time it would take for me to put it into a readable format!

Is there a reason public folder are left out of the reporting equation when such decent reporting is available for mailboxes

Declan

TonySterling

I typically copy the report into an Excel spread sheet to work with it. It normally doesn't take too much to move the text to columns and make it usable.

I would imagine the reason PF archiving doesn't have the same reports is the fact the install base is so small compared to mailbox archiving.