cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about event id 3411

Leo_
Level 5

Does this really mean that my EV server lost contact with the GC?

An error has been reported by ConfigureMsgService. It may be due to a problem contacting a Global Catalogue Server.

Exchange Server: MyExchangeServer

Mailbox: SMTP:EVSysAccount@mydomain.com

Error: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR 0x80040115

According to my comms and server engineers, no problems were detected on the GCs. But immediately after the 3411 I get a 3310:

There was a problem accessing a network service or resource.  The dispenser will re-queue the current item and sleep for 10 minute(s).

Task: Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for USATL01ME200
Internal Reference: Network connectivity issues (MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR)

I usually get this at night during auto-archiving which I schedule monday through friday from midnight to 8 am. It doesn't always happen, but when this happens all archiving activity stops as well as mailbox synchronization and will not resume until I restart the Enterprise Vault Task Controller Service. When I do, I sometimes get a popup memory error that reads "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written" I don't know if this is the cause or a symptom. I have performed HW diags and they come back green. Web searches have come up empty or just not helpful.

Is it simply a matter of resources? Could the EV server be running out of memory or processor resources during heavy load operations?

I am running EV 9.0.2 on Windows server 2003 SP2 standard.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Try using DS Server, if its  Exchange 2010 point it at the CAS, if its 2003, point it at a GC

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The following HowTo article is pertinent.  Also, if you are using TMG there are additional steps that might be necessary.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO49571

Leo_
Level 5

I have configured EV to use the closest GC and I have also configured EV to use a specific GC. In both cases the problem still occurs. I run Exchange 2007.