cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do before migrating Exchange Server to Office 365 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi,

I have Exchange Server 2010 SP3 total number of active mailbox 2500 and total Mailbox database size is 8 TB+ that I will migrate to Office 365 this end of year.

My clients are using Outlook 2010 & 2013 spread across multiple geographical region site offices (Europe and Asia Pacific).

Note:

• I also have emails older than 1 year archived by Symantec Enterprise Vault 10 with approximate size is 7.7 TB
  • Single AD domain forest.

What do I need to do before migrating to Office 365 to ensure the archived email still accessible by Enterprise Vault and EV can still archive email in house / on-premise ?

Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Once you migrate Exchange to O365 your EV Shortcuts will stop working when the EV Add-in becomes deactivated.

You can either use a tool like Archive Shuttle to migrate your EV archives to O365 or tell you end users they will need to use the EV Search and/or Archive Explorer to access EV archived data.

If you want to have a chat just ping me and we can set up a call.

Best,

Tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Once you migrate Exchange to O365 your EV Shortcuts will stop working when the EV Add-in becomes deactivated.

You can either use a tool like Archive Shuttle to migrate your EV archives to O365 or tell you end users they will need to use the EV Search and/or Archive Explorer to access EV archived data.

If you want to have a chat just ping me and we can set up a call.

Best,

Tony

John_Santana
Level 6

Ah I see, so in this case there is no bultin way in EV to migrate them into EV.cloud perhaps ?

My understanding is that Exchange Server 2010 and 2013/16 already have builtin archiving feature, but due to the majority of the data is still in EV, I just wanted to know what are my options with the bultin tools or some creative ideas.

Thanks, I'll have a look into the product Tony.

TonySterling

Yes, O365, Exch 2010-2016 have built-in archiving.  You can migrate from EV to EV.Cloud but for the amount of data you need to move and number of mailboxes I would still recommend looking at a third-party solution.