Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to buy?

SBPG_Director
Level 2
I just got a quote for EV 8.  It is for
1. EV Standard for MS Echange
2. EV Standard Essentials

Is that all I need to get to archive my emails?  I want to make sure I get all email coming in and out of my agency.  Please let me knw if I need something else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Depends on how long your going to be using EV and such as well.

We went through a simlar exercise and I found depending on the Total Number of Mailbox to decide if Perpertual over Foundation was better.

But assuming you for Perpertual

If you got with Enterprise Vault Advanced Management and and E-Discovery standard

This gets you

Mailbox Archiving
PST Migration
Vault Cache
Public Folder

Journaling
Discovery Accelerator

------------------

If you got for Storage Management for Exchange Enterprise Edition

You Also get
Sharepoint
Secure Messaging
ECM
File System Archiving
IM Archiving

Forgot to mention

Also depends on what e-discovery components you want mentioned the standard which is Journaling and Discovery Accelerator but there is a Advanced and Enterprise Edition

However assuming you went Enterprise for Both it is cheaper to buy Foundation I believe as the maintainence costs over 5 years doesn't rep profits with standard or Advanced it is possible to make about $70,000 saving over 5 years as for years 2-5 your only buying the maintenaince part.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When you say "I want to make sure I get all email coming in and out" are you referring to journaling?  If so then you will need to get the journaling license "EVExchangeJournal" which is separate. The above is for mailbox archiving.

--wayne

SBPG_Director
Level 2
Yes, I want journaling.  So what all do I need?

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
Depends on how long your going to be using EV and such as well.

We went through a simlar exercise and I found depending on the Total Number of Mailbox to decide if Perpertual over Foundation was better.

But assuming you for Perpertual

If you got with Enterprise Vault Advanced Management and and E-Discovery standard

This gets you

Mailbox Archiving
PST Migration
Vault Cache
Public Folder

Journaling
Discovery Accelerator

------------------

If you got for Storage Management for Exchange Enterprise Edition

You Also get
Sharepoint
Secure Messaging
ECM
File System Archiving
IM Archiving

Forgot to mention

Also depends on what e-discovery components you want mentioned the standard which is Journaling and Discovery Accelerator but there is a Advanced and Enterprise Edition

However assuming you went Enterprise for Both it is cheaper to buy Foundation I believe as the maintainence costs over 5 years doesn't rep profits with standard or Advanced it is possible to make about $70,000 saving over 5 years as for years 2-5 your only buying the maintenaince part.