cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot copy an Enterprise Vault shortcut

nils35
Level 4

Hello,

We have many users getting this message when they drag-and-drop a message which is NOT archived to another folder in Outlook 2010: "You cannot copy an Enterprise Vault shortcut". Note that they are NOT trying to copy an archived item, but move an email message they have just received.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nils35
Level 4

Hi,

This was caused by setting "Archive items when they are older than 6 months" while also setting "Enter the age at which to delete shortcuts to 6 months". This made EV create shortcuts but delete them immediately, but for some reason other messages were affected like described above. Chaning to "Enter the age at which to delete shortcuts to 12 months" solved this issue.

We plan to upgrade to EV 11 next year.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What version of the EV addin? What version of the server? A full client trace would help
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

nils35
Level 4

Thanks for your reply. Enterprise Vault Client 9.0.2.1185.0 (HTTP) and EV server 8.0 SP5. I will get a full client trace from one of the users as I don't personally have the issue. I will post the trace here as soon as I have it.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi nils35,

Do you have any update?  Hopefully you have planned and executed an upgrade to at least EV 10 and upgraded the clients as well.

TS

nils35
Level 4

Hi,

This was caused by setting "Archive items when they are older than 6 months" while also setting "Enter the age at which to delete shortcuts to 6 months". This made EV create shortcuts but delete them immediately, but for some reason other messages were affected like described above. Chaning to "Enter the age at which to delete shortcuts to 12 months" solved this issue.

We plan to upgrade to EV 11 next year.