cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't go on elevate mode

IT_Exploitation
Level 1

Hi,

I encounter some problem when I tried to go with elevate privilege on my netbackup server. When I tried to type "elevate", the server answered me by "bash: elevate: command not found".

So I searched for a solution and found it : "/opt/Symantec/scspagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh". It doesn't work, I only obtain this message : "Unable to communicate with the SCSP Util Daemon".

I searched again and followed this instructions : https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH114402.html

Step 1 and 2 are OK. I'm blocking on step 3, no process seems to listen on port 2222.

I don't know what to do to gain the elevate privileges so I come here to ask for help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The information that you are using is old and outdated.

Please see Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide: 
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/96220900-127024912-0/v113564108-127024912

the link does not address the issue of "Unable to communicate with the SCSP Util Daemon". i cant find anything on this issue 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
@mj100
I believe it does. If you have a good look at the path in the URL, you will notice that scsp agent is no longer used on Appliances.

It is now sdcss agent.

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi I know this is a very late response but I came across the very same issue and here was my solution:

From the command prompt where you type elevate run the following command

ps -ef | grep -i sdcs

In a environment where it is ok you should get these services running:

/opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IDS/bin/sisidsdaemon
/opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/bin/sisipsdaemon
/opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/bin/sisipsutildaemon

on the appliance with the issue, the highlighted one above had stopped running.

to get it running, return to the CLISH and in Support run the following:

Service Restart sisipsutildaemon

you should get this output:  - [Info] Restarted sisipsutildaemon service.

now all you need to do is run /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh and the rest is BAU

good luck!