cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESX LUNS

NavGee
Level 5

Hi is there a command I can run on the the netbackup appliance to view all the wwn's for ESX luns presented to the backup host appliance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

from the CLISH, Manage > FibreChannel > Show should give you what you want to see

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

from the CLISH, Manage > FibreChannel > Show should give you what you want to see

NavGee
Level 5

I'm pretty sure that would only show the wwn's of the hba's not the wwn's for the LUN's presented to the appliance.

Regards

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

That depends on when you run it.  The LUNs aren't permanently mounted to the appliance, only the snapshot LUN is during the backup.  So if you run it while there are no backups running, you are partially correct.  It will show you the WWNs of the ports you're connected to as well as the WWNs of the HBAs.  If you run it during a backup, you should see the LUNs.

NavGee
Level 5

The above explanation sounds like VCB, I thought with NBU 7.6 the processes are as follows:

(direct write from the datastore to the storage unit are you saying that the during the snapshot phase the datastore is mapped to the backup host please clarify? )

Phase 1

The NetBackup master server initiates the backup.

Phase 2

The NetBackup client on the VMware backup host initiates a VMware
snapshot on the virtual machine.

Phase 3

Windows: VSS synchronizes the file system on the virtual machine.
Linux: The SYMCquiesce utility can quiesce the file system on supported
Linux operating systems.

Phase 4

The VMware server creates a snapshot on the virtual disk datastore.

Phase 5

The NetBackup client reads the snapshot from the datastores and writes
the data to the NetBackup storage unit.