cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification that /dev/mapper/system-log is at 89% full

tsg13nm
Level 3

We upgraded our appliance from 7.5.0.6 to 7.6.0.2 last week and now we are getting an alert from the appliance that /dev/mapper/system-log is at 89% full.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Logging of 10 is awful with the puredisk plugin - logs get so big no one can read them anyway!!

As you have reduced it down to 0 again now you are safe to delete all logs other than the current one - assuming you do not need them for any support case?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tsg13nm
Level 3

It's a 5220 appliance.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved your post to the Appliance forum for better visibility.

Have you had a look at this folder yet to see what is taking up the space?

If you are not comfortable navigating the appliance at OS level, you may want to log a Support call with Symantec.

tsg13nm
Level 3

Yes, most of the files were in the /log/puredisk/ folder (about 70gb now). There are alot of files in here dating back to June 27th.  Can I delete these files?  What process deletes files from the /log/purdisk/ folder?  Also there are a few logs from the upgrade in the /log/ folder.  Shortly after I started this post the utilitization went from 89% to 77%.  This morning it's down to 70%.  Any help would be appreciated.

tsg13nm
Level 3

Looks like someone had changed the verbosity level on the debug log to 10 in the 

/usr/openv/lib/ost-plugins # more pd.conf file.  We changed the logging level back to 0.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Logging of 10 is awful with the puredisk plugin - logs get so big no one can read them anyway!!

As you have reduced it down to 0 again now you are safe to delete all logs other than the current one - assuming you do not need them for any support case?