cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.0 Request physical media

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Ok, in the emails about 7.0 being avail it says you can got to file connect and request physical media.

Has anybody figured out how. 
I just cannot seem to find where you request the cd's be sent to you.

So anybody know where that is?

(and don't tell me my salesman, already did that, got email back to go to file connect)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I'm not sure if your email notification reads the same as ours - ours say 'you may have the option...':

"Depending on location or tax status, you may have the option to request a media kit to be mailed to you at no additional charge. Once you enter your serial number and agree to the End User License Agreement in FileConnect, click the 'Ship Me a CD' tab, then fill out and submit the request form."

We have always contacted Customer Care when our customers insisted on original media kit.
There's a link a bit further down in the email notification. 
I have never noticed this tab on FileConnect... Maybe it has something to do with  location or tax status.... (Whatever that means!)

Well, I just had a look, and YES, we do have the "ship me a cd" tab:

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 09 06.49.gif

Maybe because we're in Africa...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Level 6
I'm not sure if your email notification reads the same as ours - ours say 'you may have the option...':

"Depending on location or tax status, you may have the option to request a media kit to be mailed to you at no additional charge. Once you enter your serial number and agree to the End User License Agreement in FileConnect, click the 'Ship Me a CD' tab, then fill out and submit the request form."

We have always contacted Customer Care when our customers insisted on original media kit.
There's a link a bit further down in the email notification. 
I have never noticed this tab on FileConnect... Maybe it has something to do with  location or tax status.... (Whatever that means!)

Well, I just had a look, and YES, we do have the "ship me a cd" tab:

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 09 06.49.gif

Maybe because we're in Africa...

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
But I know it was there for 6.5 as I'm looking at the physical media now!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Visited fileconnect and the Ship Me a CD tab was there for me, when clicked only selection was Netbackup Server 6.5.
However, I have not entered in my Notification ID via licensing portal yet for v7.0. Maybe licensing and fileconnect dependant on what you get presented, and as the letter said your location.

BTW I am in the UK.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Keep us updated!

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
3 Days Back, I have received this Upgrade Notification mail from Symantec. I could see 2 Files(1 ZIP,1 PDF)

As per Media Retrieval Option mentioned in the PDF, I have checked in fileconnect and that was asking me the Serial No, CSV file in the ZIP file gave me that information. and once i enter that no, i was re directed to a Shipment Form filling section. but in the end when i click finish button, i got error like" Shipment is not available to the selected country".

But am sure, I was able to see Symantec Netbackup 7.0 in the Ship CD Page when i enter the correct Serial Key that was given in the CSV License file.

I am sitting in INDIA. Anyone Symantec have to help me in shipping this..

"
Media Retrieval
For FileConnect access please refer to the .csv file and retrieve a serial number. You may download media or, depending
on location or tax status, you may have the option to request a media kit to be mailed to you at no additional charge. Go to
https://fileconnect.symantec.com/physicalmedia to request media

"

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
before I make a comment!

Didn't see that URL for physical media (as I didn't read all of the pdf!). Following that link & filling in all the details I got the same response:

"Product unavailable at the desired location. Please contact Customer Care"

& that's for shipping to the UK.

So how come I managed to get it for 6.5? Shame really as you can't beat having the physical media to fall back on.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 Who else can get Netbackup 7.0 Media Shipment?

I don't see any lines saying this locations can receive Media !

If anyone Done in this Media Shipment, Please Update in this Thread, meanwhile let me check with My Sales Guy regarding this.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Thanks to Marianne's picture.

I can see it on the top bar, and was able to order it.

Not sure if it was there before or not,  I think I had looked at that bar but did not see it, or on the page, but it is showing up now.

Marianne
Level 6
Contact Customer Care - there's a link in your email notification.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
I Just need a confirmation.. Are you guys sure that is for Free ? :) 

Marianne
Level 6
My experience is that it's for free if your maintenance is up to date...