cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink Option in NetBackup 7.1 Administration Console

Caleb_Chevez
Level 2

In netbackup 7.1 administration console on the lower right hand corner there is a button. When you click on it, it gives you the option to turn on, turn off or blink. Does any one know what the button actually does?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Which console are you running and how are you running it.

I have the windows remote admin on my pc, and I ran the jnbSA from the unix master, neither has a button in the bottom right.

thesanman
Level 6

I have seen this too; it's in the Windows Java Console.  What is it for?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I feel like this has something to do with the new Audit Trail setup in 7.1, but for the life of me I can't find any documentation on this ANYWHERE - either in the NetBackup OR the OpsCenter docs.  I can't say I'm even 100% sure it IS tied to that, but that's my guess at the moment.  I'll see if I can dig a little deeper and find something to share with you.

EDITED: This definitely is related to auditing.  If you haven't set up auditing, the setting will be meaningless as you will never be notified.  I still haven't found ANY documentation on this feature but I'm putting some feelers out to see if there are any white papers or if perhaps it will become a blog post in the near future.  :)

mpatt
Level 4
Certified

My windows console for a newly installed 7.1 is unresponsive (to a clustered master) and the only thing i see is a blinking Alert at the right hand side bottom!

JHeaton
Level 6

Gotta love those undocumented features :)