Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log folder size issue in NBU 7.0.1

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

We have upgraded our veritas netbackup enviroment running on w2k3 SP2 from 6.5.6 to 7.0.1.Upgradation completed successfully.

On the week-end full backup we have faced issue with the following log files. NDMP,NDMP agent ,NBSL ,wingui. The size of the mentioned folders are increasing high.

I have stopped my NDMP backup's and deleted the folder's NDMP, NDMP agent. Once i triggered the backup again these folders are creating. I just want to remove the folders permanently.

All my logging level are set to 0.

NBSL, wingui also need to delete permanently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi all,

Since it's a unified logs, I have followed the below steps to over come the space crunch issue.

First i have set the Max log file size as 2048KB and changed the rollovermode to FileSize.Third we are recycling the logs in C:/.

1. Set the maximum file size for the logs to 2048 KB using the command..

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o Default -s MaxLogFileSizeKB=2048 (Reduced the size to delete more log files)

2. Set the default NetBackup rollover mode as FileServer using the following command..

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 --orgid Default -s RolloverMode=FileSize

3. Set the log recycle using the following command...

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 --orgid ALL -s RolloverMode=FileSize MaxLogFileSizeKB=2048 NumberOfLogFiles=2 LogRecycle=True

If you want to redirect the logs to different location try the below command.

4. Redirect the logs to the F drive using the following command...

vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o Default -s LogDirectory=F:\Logs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

You can not delete all the log files. Some of the folders are required to run NBU. I included a screenshot of the min folders, which NBU needs.

If you run out of disk space you can turn logging down, keep logs down, unified logging set it down to keep for one day, ....

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"All my logging level are set to 0"

Legacy or unified logging level?

Check/verifify unified logging with ' vxlogcfg -p 51216 -o Default -l '   http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43765

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi all,

Since it's a unified logs, I have followed the below steps to over come the space crunch issue.

First i have set the Max log file size as 2048KB and changed the rollovermode to FileSize.Third we are recycling the logs in C:/.

1. Set the maximum file size for the logs to 2048 KB using the command..

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o Default -s MaxLogFileSizeKB=2048 (Reduced the size to delete more log files)

2. Set the default NetBackup rollover mode as FileServer using the following command..

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 --orgid Default -s RolloverMode=FileSize

3. Set the log recycle using the following command...

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 --orgid ALL -s RolloverMode=FileSize MaxLogFileSizeKB=2048 NumberOfLogFiles=2 LogRecycle=True

If you want to redirect the logs to different location try the below command.

4. Redirect the logs to the F drive using the following command...

vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o Default -s LogDirectory=F:\Logs