cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.6.0.2, Windows Media Server, zero length libstspizapi.dll

backupguy2014
Level 3

02:29:45.696 [9824.9360] <16> 800728:bptm:9824:fdswp00301-bur: libsts openp() 14/10/05 02:29:45: stsm_open_module D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\\ost-plugins\libstspizapi.dll failed err 2060053 platerr 193: LoadLibrary failed

File exists but is zero length.  It's like this on all of our Windows media servers.  Is it supposed to be like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Whoops, answered this in the other thread.  Let me quote myself!

Hi backupguy2014,

It's supposed to be zero bytes.  (It's actually supposed to no longer exist at all, and that library was removed in the UNIX versions of 7.6.0.3, but due to the way our patching works, we needed to put a zero-byte placeholder in there for Windows.)

This library isn't used by NetBackup as far as I know.  (I should probably say "is no longer used by NetBackup," but I don't believe it ever was.)

In short, if you're experiencing backup or restore failures, this shouldn't be contributing to it, despite the severity level we're logging it at (which is probably something that needs to be fixed).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The file is 0 bytes on my test env as well.

code 193 is the error ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT. This could be a binary is corrupted. Try a repair of the media server install. If that doesn't fix it, it could also be a bug. 

Please let me know if you have opened a support case

backupguy2014
Level 3

We have not opened a support case.  I was asking here to see if we needed to open a case, or was this a normal, expected condition.  Like, maybe a zero length file is used as a place holder?

mnolan
Level 6

I've been seening these errors in several cases as well, these are generally red herrings, do you have errors past that message?

backupguy2014
Level 3

Yes, as a matter of fact, we do have other weird errors (reported in different threads) with fbu_* alignment errors and dedup jobs failing and then running a 2nd time 5 mins later and succeeding.

I had thought the fbu_* errors were relics of the BUFFER_DATA_SIZE (61000) and MSEO. 

Does libstspizapi.dll exist in 7.6.0.3?  Is it zero length there as well?

Is libstspizapi a library call for monitoring the status of a pizza pie?  :^)

CRZ
Level 6

Whoops, answered this in the other thread.  Let me quote myself!

Hi backupguy2014,

It's supposed to be zero bytes.  (It's actually supposed to no longer exist at all, and that library was removed in the UNIX versions of 7.6.0.3, but due to the way our patching works, we needed to put a zero-byte placeholder in there for Windows.)

This library isn't used by NetBackup as far as I know.  (I should probably say "is no longer used by NetBackup," but I don't believe it ever was.)

In short, if you're experiencing backup or restore failures, this shouldn't be contributing to it, despite the severity level we're logging it at (which is probably something that needs to be fixed).