cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU console dont launch after server reboot

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hi 

Fresh install NBU7.6.1.2 master on win2012 VirtualMachine and it will not launch the console after server reboot

we get this popup when we launch

NetBackup has determined that the services:

Netbackup vault manager
netbackup event manager

on the host "servername.domainname.com" are not running.

click "continue" to launch the application, cancel to skip the launch, or repair to start the services

If we do bpdown and bpup  and everything will work as normal. We even tried only start below 2 services from windows services console which also works fine. 

Netbackup vault manager
netbackup event manager

But if we do a reboot it will not start automatically. 

tried to delete the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup after export, but it did not created all the keys after reboot so I imported registry back.

Just for testing tried to set both services startup type as Automtic delayed start and now after reboot the both services got started in around less than 5mins time. 

console opens. 

We need to know how to get it normal start as it is able to work fine on all other NBU domains. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can check the event viewer. You will get important information there. Can you upload the appliacation event logs.

Also how long did you wait before you try to open the console?Normally the service startup is failry fast but there might be something preventing it going online in time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

You can check the event viewer. You will get important information there. Can you upload the appliacation event logs.

Also how long did you wait before you try to open the console?Normally the service startup is failry fast but there might be something preventing it going online in time.

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello SymGuy-IT

I will check if I have permission to upload event logs to this public post. However, What I have observed is that, if we keep the 2 services start up type on automatic, the service would not start after reboot. So either I have to manually start those 2 services or I can do the bpdown bpdown to bring the console up. 

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

When you say that the services wont start and those are set to automatic, it should log an event in the event viewer about failure of the service startup. If you cannot upload, you can check it yourself. Give it some time before you check the event viewer. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Try setting the two services to delayed start automatic?

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

He already tried that and it worked after waiting for 5 minutes or so. But it should work normally as it would on other servers without introducing delayed start