Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing wrong boot server

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

Hi,
When I run the bmrsrtadm script on the master server it is referencing the incorrect server. When I run the script I am getting the below error where it is using the host name and IP address of one of the hosts that I am backing up as the boot server. 

masterserver# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin]$ ./bmrsrtadm
V-125-81 query for BootServer "example" returned 0 hosts
[Error] V-125-103 Cannot retrieve boot server information for this host.
Please see diagnostic log for additional information.
masterserver# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin]$ /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bmrsetupboot -register
[Error] V-128-899 Cannot determine the netmask for interface 10.248.0.47.
[Info] V-127-75 Operation failed.

Any ideas why it might be doing this. This host is not even registered as a boot server. 

Thanks! 
M
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

Hi Mark, It turns out that there was an entry in the bp.conf file for the client. So any time I ran bmrsrtadm script it was using this entry in the bp.conf file.

CLIENT_NAME = example

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can i confirm that you have done the bmrsetupmaster on your Master Server before doing this so that the Master is registered as such?

If you have then take a look under the netbackup logs for any that start in bmr* to see if they provide more info. If none exist the create bmrcommon, bmrd, bmrsetup and bmrsrt to see what gets logged when you try your configurations

Hope this helps

manmountain
Level 5
Certified

Hi Mark, It turns out that there was an entry in the bp.conf file for the client. So any time I ran bmrsrtadm script it was using this entry in the bp.conf file.

CLIENT_NAME = example

Thanks!