cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Error (2808)

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to restore a directory for one of our users, I am running NBU7.5.0.5 with a RHEL Master Server and a Win2008 Media Server, the client is a VM clinet but the restore is from a standard backup not a VM backup, we cover the datadisks with standard client and the VM using the Vsphere API.

The directory contains a character ] in the name, I am unable to select the directory using the java GUI as this gives me an error message "No Entity Found" I can however serach for a sub directory within the main directory but when I try a restore I get a an Error 2808 Status = MS-Windows policy restore error

I have checked the logs and cannot find anything, I have verified the catalog images and these are Ok.

Tried to restore to an alternative location but this errors "Invalid Destination Path" I have tried to restore back to the original area and this also fails even with the overwrite option, have also tried to restore to a different server without success.

Is there a way of restoring a directory that contains special characters.

The directory path is:

D:\Shares\Essentials\ISSUES\7] JULY 2013\6. ART DEPT TO FINAL\2. FINAL COLOUR READY TO GO\FeatureSummerReadingJuly

Hoping for some help

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As you have a Windows Media Server have you tried it using the Windows BAR GUI on that server

I have seen a few bugs where the Java can do what the Windows one cannot and vice versa.

Also, are you using the 7.5.0.5 version of the Java GUI?

If it is a Windows client and your Java GUI is 7.5.0.5 you may be affected by this bug anyway : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203806

There is a hotfix on the tech note or you can type the path in using UNIX format!

I would try from the Media Server first and see if that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As you have a Windows Media Server have you tried it using the Windows BAR GUI on that server

I have seen a few bugs where the Java can do what the Windows one cannot and vice versa.

Also, are you using the 7.5.0.5 version of the Java GUI?

If it is a Windows client and your Java GUI is 7.5.0.5 you may be affected by this bug anyway : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203806

There is a hotfix on the tech note or you can type the path in using UNIX format!

I would try from the Media Server first and see if that helps

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the response, I downloaded the patch and this resolved the invalid destination error but the restore still failed from the master server with the MS Windows policy error.

I have managed to restore the files by using your sugestion of the Media Server.

Thanks once again

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great stuff - glad to have helped - thanks for letting us know