cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Entries

Timothy_Payne
Level 4
One of the System Administrators I work with add a new server into the "Master Server Properties" additional servers. The server name entered belongs to a server that no longer exists on my domain. When I remove the server name and restart the server, and try to start the Admin console I receive an error window:

"Netbackup has determined that the Server list on this Master Server is missing the local host entry. Click Continue to launch, Cancel to quit, and Repair to add the local host to the end of server list."

When we select Continue the admin console will come up but the error message will come up every time. If we select Repair the admin console will come up showing my Master Server as a Media server and no access to the Master Server settings. The only way to correct this is to run the installation disk and select repair.

Has any one else run into this problem?
2 REPLIES 2

Timothy_Payne
Level 4
Problem never resolved

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hi,
Looks like you are using Windows box as Master Server. I have faced this issue a few times and I resolved it in following way -
Stop NBU services
Go To - Registry regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->VERITAS->NetBackup->CurrentVersion->Config
In here there is key called Server with type REG_MULTI_SZ.
This key contains the list of servers, we need to modify this key so that the name of Master Server is first in the list. We just change the sequence here.
On double clicking it , we can modify that, remember to preserve the 3 dots (pattern should be preserved.)
Start NBU services.

Basically we have to change the sequence of servers so that Master server is listed first.
I tried to do this from Backup Archive Interface but it does not allow it.
Not sure of any other way.

Br,
Deepak.