cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing SSR 2013 SP2, backup jobs are failing

noliverio
Level 2

Hello,

After installing SSR 2013 SP2 onto my machine running windows 8.1, backup jobs are consistently failing with the following error:

Error E4F3000E: Snapshot failure while using Volume Shadow Copy Service. Please check application event log for VSS errors. Error code: VSS_E_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE (-2147212513).
Details: 0xE4F3000E

Any possible solutions that I have found apply only to pre-SP2 versions of SSR.

Thank you for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What is the limit set for shadow copies ?

Can you increase or set them to no limit ?

C:\Properties\Shadow copies tab

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any updates here ?

noliverio
Level 2

TRaj,

I am sorry, I did not understand what you were requesting in your April 23rd Post.  Can you please explain further?  The backup jobs are still failing.  Thanks!  Nick

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

To check if the drive/volume supports the creation of snapshots:

1. Under “My Computer
  2. Select and Right-Click the drive you would like to check if the creation of snapshots are supported
  3. Choose “Configure Shadow Copies” (if available) from the Right-Click menu or go to “Properties” and click on "Shadow Copies" (if “Configure Shadow Copies” isn’t available in the Right-Click menu.
  4. You will get the new window as shown in the below screenshot.
  5. 5. Choose the drive and click on the button “Create Now

6. If you see an entry getting created under “Shadow Copies of Selected Volume”, which means that the selected drive supports the creation of snapshots.

Hope it Helps...

Thanks!!

noliverio
Level 2

TRaj,

I do not have the Shadow Copy TAB in my Disk Properties.

Nick

noliverio
Level 2

Raj,

It appears that the System Reserved is 350MB with only 28MB free.  According to the information in the link you sent, this needs to be at least 32MB free.  Any suggestions on how to free up some of this space?

Nick