cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup reports successful, but events state "Error E4BD0012"

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

I have a big group of client PCs that are reporting to the BESR-MS as successfully installed. But when I check their event logs, it shows this:

" Info 6C8F1F7D: A scheduled incremental recovery point of drive C\: was created successfully.

Error E4BD0012: An interaction with the catalog's database layer failed unexpectedly: sqlite3_prepare--5: database is locked"

Doing some searching I found this Symantec support article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58662

It's not the exact same error message, but it's very similar. The resolution in that article says to "Delete the \ProgramData\Symantec\FileBackup\catalog.dat."

The clients having this issue don't have that file as far as I can tell. The directory is there, but it's empty.

So am I ok here or do I need to take further action? Looking at the backup destinations it appears as though a backup set was created still. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

Friendly bump to see if anyone knows about this....

criley
Employee Accredited

I've not seen this before to be honest.

The error suggests a problem with file/folder level backups. Are you running any of these on the clients where this error is seen?

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

No. Running Recovery point sets.

The weird thing is that the PCs always report as successful in backups. It was just by random chance that I looked at their event logs and saw these errors being reported. I check the backup destination for each and I see newly created backup files as well so it appears to be completing. But the error messages still concern me.

criley
Employee Accredited

This sounds cosmetic then but it will probably need further investigation to figure out what's going on. I'd suggest that you open a case with support for this.

Ady72
Not applicable

Any update on this one?

I have the similar problem on my servers.

Error log:

Info 6C8F1F7A: A manual incremental recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully.
 Error E4BD0012: Error E4BD0012:
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

All backups completed successfully (I think)

I am in the process of testing the restore to make sure it is going to restore it.

We are not doing any file\folder backup.