cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Enterprise Vault and SharePoint on the same server (port-problems)

T_Albert
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I know, it is not recommended to install Enterprise Vault and SharePoint on the same server, but I had do it. Unfortunate way i have not read: "You must change the DefaultWebSite Port number and then change the EnterpriseVault Web Access application port number to match." with the Note " You must make these changes before you archive any data from SharePoint". Without these changes we have archived SharePoint-Data since one year, and this without any problems. But now we have recently nevertheless changed the DefaultWebsite Port Number and have since then no access to the archived items when we try to open them from the sharepoint. From the Archive-Explorer it works.

Has anyone a idea, or a workaround, how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Change the port back?

There is no option to recreate sharepoint shortcuts once you change the port, hence the piece in the doco.

You could try creating a folder redirect on the port 80 website, not sure if this would work, but create a folder called EnterpriseVault and then choose to redirect it to the real EnterpriseVault virtual directory.

The only other thing I could suggest is to use EVSPShortcutManager to recall all the files back to Sharepoint and then rearchive them.  You need EV9 SP2 at the minimum I think for this.  Check out the utilities guide for details on using EVSPShortcutManager.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Change the port back?

There is no option to recreate sharepoint shortcuts once you change the port, hence the piece in the doco.

You could try creating a folder redirect on the port 80 website, not sure if this would work, but create a folder called EnterpriseVault and then choose to redirect it to the real EnterpriseVault virtual directory.

The only other thing I could suggest is to use EVSPShortcutManager to recall all the files back to Sharepoint and then rearchive them.  You need EV9 SP2 at the minimum I think for this.  Check out the utilities guide for details on using EVSPShortcutManager.