cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange 3419 Exchange connection issues

woelki
Level 4

Hi guys,

unfortunately since a bunch of days my EV server is spammed with "3419" error.
"Could not access Exchange Server. The dispenser will queue the current item and sleep for 60 seconds."

We are running:
EV 10.0.4 without CU's

E2010 DAG with 2 MBX and 2 CAS servers

1 additional journaling server

Loadbalancer

Journaling is running very fine so far, so I would assume that the permissions are correct, because I have run the EV permissions powershell script against the whole environment.

VSA is no domain admin

VSA mailbox is responsive and not hidden

Outlook on server is 2007 with SP3 and RecipientMax and AttachmentMax set (should it be SP3 and nothing else on top?)

Service mailboxes for the archiving tasks are responsive and browsing is possible

rechecked throtting policy and tested with default policy and EV recommendations

bypassed LB via hosts file
EV and E2010 environment restarted

Dtracing showed MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY in the first days, now it is the MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER but with the same error result.

The Messaging Queues are stucked.

Have you any further idea or would you recommend to install the CU3?

Kind regards,
Chris

3 REPLIES 3

BigPhil
Level 5

Check the links in the following Tech article and it may fix your issue

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH216641

woelki
Level 4

Perhaps I should have mentioned it, I already found the troubleshooting digest for the 3419 and I worked through all articles.

Could you give me a hint about the Outlook patch level?
Can I install hotfixes after installing the SP3?

BigPhil
Level 5

Yes, you may install all hotfixes. I have the same build in my environment (Outlook 2007 w/SP3 + all available updates) and everything works perfectly. It doesn't say anywhere in compatibility guides that this is not supported.

Oh yeah, and to answer your other question...YES, install CU3. They release updates for a reason ;)