cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path for catalog disaster recovery file when using 5220 appliance

lburnside
Level 2

I've seen several questions about this, but none with a full answer.  I understand that the appliance cannot use a UNC path to a Windows computer.  We have an NFS share setup on a Windows server that we want all of our catalog dr files to go to.

What should we use for the path?  Should it be \\ServerName\Share\?  Or //ServerName/Share/?  I have tried every combination that I can think of and I can't get it to connect.  I am not very familiar with Linux commands.  What format should the Logon and Password be in?  Domain\username for the Login?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have yet to get it to write the DR file anywhere other than to itself - though i havent put any major effort into it as yet!

To date my customers are happy that it arrives in an e-mail and so have a secure copy that way that they can save where ever they choose

I have the feeling that there is a tech note or mention in one of the guides about mounting shares onto the appliance, rather than the other way around, so that you can then save the DR file to that mount point - will see if i can find it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AntBar
Level 5

I think that's configuration is not supported because, appliance's share are activable by appliance's menu. In fact, you must open share, for example, upload release and close it when upload have been terminated.

In Windows, when shares are open, I use network drive to map it. In credentials i use :

Name : .\admin

password : admin's password of appliance

Maybe other response...wink

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have yet to get it to write the DR file anywhere other than to itself - though i havent put any major effort into it as yet!

To date my customers are happy that it arrives in an e-mail and so have a secure copy that way that they can save where ever they choose

I have the feeling that there is a tech note or mention in one of the guides about mounting shares onto the appliance, rather than the other way around, so that you can then save the DR file to that mount point - will see if i can find it

SteveYu
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I think the way I have done this in the past was to do the below. As mentioned by Mark usually having DR file emailed to a distro list is best

1. Root the appliance

2. Manually mount some remote share via nfs

3. Memorize the abolute path in step 2 then enter it into the DR path in the catalog 

-Sy