cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Properties (7.5)

Stanleyj
Level 6

I have had this issue in all versions but i was wondering if anyone knows why when i select clients under host propertes the data is never refreshed?

It shows hostname, operating system, and OS type but i have to actually open the properties of the client to get the version and status columns to update.  This is very annoying when you have over 200 clients and changes are never shown. 

For instanse i just updated to ver 7.5 and i would like for the console to show me which clients have not been updated so i can fix them.

its really not that big of deal i just want to make sure its not something configured wrong in my environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The list just reflects what is taken from the policies section - until you actually connect to the clients you dont get any more as this would cause unnescessary communication all of the time.

Dont know if it helps but if you wish you can select all clients and then go to File - Export and it allows you to save everything to a file rather than sit there waiting.

Or ... use a script ...

bpgetconfig -g clientname

Outputs NetBackup version, O/S and installation path

Hope his helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Try to get your clients info with bpgetconfig and if you need modify something better use bpsetconfig and if your change is massive you can script it and do it in no time.

Regards.

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Annoying indeed, but by design I believe.

The NBU/admin console does not really know/keep track of which version the specific client is running until you actually connect to the client from the console. As far as I know there is no central database storing the client versions as such. It would however be a great "idea" to propose to Symantec.

As you say, it is not a big deal, but certainly a nice to have feature.

/A

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The list just reflects what is taken from the policies section - until you actually connect to the clients you dont get any more as this would cause unnescessary communication all of the time.

Dont know if it helps but if you wish you can select all clients and then go to File - Export and it allows you to save everything to a file rather than sit there waiting.

Or ... use a script ...

bpgetconfig -g clientname

Outputs NetBackup version, O/S and installation path

Hope his helps

Stanleyj
Level 6

Your right if the master was constantly pinging the clients for the status then it would cause a lot of unnescessary traffic.

Thanks for all the suggestions i will look into those.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Not sure because I do not have the java installed on my pc

but I run the java console sometimes from my unix master - via X to my pc.

on that console all I do is highlight the client in the client list and it goes and gets the OS and installed version.

In fact that is about the ONLY reason I run the java console from the master - is to verify OS type or NB version.