cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental backups of DFSR shares always back up everything

Thorsten_Jens
Level 4

Hi,

when I run cumulative incremental backups of servers with DFSR resources, the DFSR resources are always backed up in full. I noticed there was a bug regarding this  in 7.5.0.1, so I upgraded to 7.5.0.4, which was supposed to fix this. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Additionally, when opening a support call for tis issue, the last step of the form (step 2 -> step 3) leads to a 404 page, maybe someone should look into that.

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This is because you have TIR (True Image Restore) enabled in the policy. Uncheck TIR in the policy

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139878

Thorsten_Jens
Level 4
Hello Nikolai, I'm sorry but I have neither TIR in the policy nor the affected version you referenced (6.5.6).

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree - according to 7.5.0.4 Release Notes, eTrack 2776057 is supposed to be fixed.

We can unfortunately no assist with your call logging issue, but maybe we can provide advice to some extent...
How are you logging the call? Using MySupport/MySymantec?
If so, and it still fails, you may want to log a call telephonically: https://www.symantec.com/support/techsupp_contact_phone.jsp

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just a double check ... have you run a successful full backup prior to running the incremental ones since you patched to 7.5.0.4 - and also that you have patched Master, Media and Clients.

Thanks

Thorsten_Jens
Level 4

Yes, full backups were run after the patches. Clients, Media and Master servers have been patched.

Thorsten_Jens
Level 4

I tried MySymantec, that led to the 404. I somehow came across a Symnatec page that advised me to write to customersupport@symantec.com, but that email came back undeliverable. I tried calling, but noone picked up the phone.

I just tried MySymantec again, and it went through this time. Let's see what they have to say.