cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to confirm images on media to be manually expired are already duplicated successfully

NB-OPS
Level 4

Our backup is set up to to go to VTL first and then to physical tapes via SLP. Unfortunately the volume pool with 60 day retention on VTL is getting full and we are backlogged on duplications for about 60TB. I am trying to manually expire the media in the volume pool to free up the space for upcoming large number of backups. I can use bpmedialist to find media on VTL volume pool that will expire soon and expire those first. But how do I quickly ensure the images on those media are already duplicated to physical tapes successfully?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Well, the quickest way to know if duplicates have been completed successfully is to check expiration date on VTL tapes.

Before successful duplication, NBU will set expiration of backup copy to Infinity.

Only when duplication has been successful will expiration date in SLP be applied.

If duplication has not been done, VTL tapes/images will still be under SLP control and will not allow you to expire images.

You should maybe shorten retention levels on VTL?