Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance disk command give me error

rashi_jain
Level 5

advance disk created  successfully.

command  is mentioned nbelow ;

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server ri2007 -stype AdvancedDisk -media_server ri2007

on running below mentioned command  i am getting error :

1./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -createdv  -stype AdvancedDisk -dv test61_3_0_diskPool  -storage_server ri2007 -M ri2007
Argument (-M) not valid for current operation.

2.[root@ri2007 ~]# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -createdv  -stype AdvancedDisk -dv test61_3_0_diskPool  -storage_server ri2007
failed to create disk volume, cannot connect on socket

3./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -previewdv -storage_servers ri2007 -stype AdvancedDisk| grep /mnt/test61_0_FS_0
failed to preview disk volumes, cannot connect on socket

we are  using netbackup 7.6.1 on linux 7 .

please give  me  the  procedure  how  to take backup  from advanced disk using command line.

any kind of  help really appreciable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Give device configuration wizard in the GUI a shot. That usally work very well. It will create both storage server, disk pool and storage unit for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Give device configuration wizard in the GUI a shot. That usally work very well. It will create both storage server, disk pool and storage unit for you.

watsons
Level 6

Yes, as per Nicolai, GUI will be easier.

Btw, the correct sequence is to "create storage server" -> "create disk pool" -> "create disk volume" -> "create storage unit". 

It seems you missed the "create disk pool" step. You need to have a disk pool (dp) to create disk volume.

rashi_jain
Level 5

I am trying to create a disk pool using GUI also but getting error  "can not connect to the socket"

rashi_jain
Level 5

also tried to follow steps from the bekow link

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH179281.html

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is there a firewall between master and media server? Or perhaps OS firewall (iptables) on Linux media server?

rashi_jain
Level 5

for the  creation of  disk pool below mentioned  command  is used:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig  -createdp  -dp  test1 -stype AdvancedDisk -storage_servers ri2007 -dvlist /home/00001 -M ri2007
Failed to create disk pool, cannot connect on socket

rashi_jain
Level 5

hello all,

I want to know  that 7.6.1. has been supoorted  on RHEL 7 

rashi_jain
Level 5

IS  THE  NETBACKUP 7.6.1  having support on rhel 7

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have posted the link to OS compatibility guide in your new post. Have you checked for firewall (incl OS firewall ) as per my previous post?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Is NBAC (Netbackup Access control) activated  ?